Google Cloud & Wideops Devzone Event
Get up to speed with the latest cloud trends and technologies at Google Cloud & Wideops DevZone Day in Tel Aviv in collaboration with the DevOps Israel community. Take advantage of free hands-on training and discuss the latest cutting-edge developments with Google Cloud & Wideops experts on this dedicated day for developers.
- 9:30 - 10:00
- Breakfast & Networking
- 10:00 - 10:15
- Hagit Lebovich, Cloud Partner Development Manager, Google Cloud
- 10:15 - 11:00
- Measuring Reliability: Step by Step SLO creation
- In this session, Ayelet will demonstrate how to develop and define SLIs and SLOs with an example application -hipster shop in cloud operations sandbox. We will briefly review the application architecture, and start drawing SLOs and implementing them in Cloud Operations. As part of the SLO process, we will identify the Critical users’ journeys, we will discuss SLI specification and implementation and determine metrics to use as SLI and SLO targets and Implement them in cloud operations.
- 11:00 - 11:15
- Q&A and Break
- 11:15 - 12:00
- Are Kubernetes Agnostic? The Journey to Multi Cloud
- Gavriel Amira, Co-founder DevOps Israel and Head of DevOps at Cycode
- 12:0 - 12:15
- Q&A and Break
- 12:15 - 13:00
- GKE usage metering
- In this session Roman will explain the importance of understanding the resources consumption in GKE, will demonstrate the implementation of GKE usage metering and how to visualize the data using Data Studio. The demonstration will include the following use cases: Tracking per-tenant resource requests and actual resource consumption in a multi-tenant cluster where each tenant operates within a given namespace. Determining the resource consumption of a workload running in a given cluster, by assigning a unique label to the Kubernetes objects associated with the workload. Identifying workloads whose resource requests differ significantly from their actual resource consumption, so that you can more efficiently allocate resources for each workload. Visualizing your GKE usage metering data using a Data Studio dashboard and filtering the data.
Ayelet SachtoSite Reliability Engineer - GKE, Google
Gavriel AmiraCo-founder, DevOps Israel Head of DevOps, Cycode
Roman OstrovskySenior DevOps Engineer and Cloud Architect- WideOps